Full-porcelain crowns treatment is a dental technique to restore the aesthetics and chewing function of damaged real teeth by teeth made entirely of porcelain.
- Broken, missing teeth due to tooth decay or accidents.
- Discolored teeth due to antibiotics, fluorosis, long-term smoking.
- Teeth that have undergone root canal treatment.
- Worn, chipped teeth.
- Deformed teeth in shape.
Full porcelain crowns have high aesthetics
3. Advantages and disadvantages:
- High aesthetics: Full-porcelain crowns can perfectly reproduce the color and shape of real teeth.
- Good chewing function: Full-porcelain crowns are processed at very high temperatures, so they are as durable as real teeth.
- Time saving: The performance time of 3 appointments lasts 3-5 days.
4. The process:
- Examine and assess the damage.
- Take X-ray film to check the damage around the tooth root (if any)
- Carry root canal treatment (for teeth that are damaged to the pulp causing pain and swelling around the tooth) or filling to restore crown (for teeth with only external damage)
- Grind the teeth so that the dentures can be placed on
- Use special silicone used in dentistry to take impressions of teeth, send to the laboratory to make dentures.
- Test the frame to ensure a tight fit to the teeth
- Mark the positions that are not close enough, then take impression again to proceed with editing.
- Teeth final test, request for changes in color or shape (if any).
- Permanently attach the restoration after you are satisfied with cement
Final restoration with perfect fit
3,000,000-7,000,000VND per unit depending on the porcelain you choose.